the block


How simple-minded my last post was.  If it were as easy as butt + chair, I'd have finished the bloody book already.  But even when the ass is in the chair, self-doubt and self-loathing and all the other hyphenated words that are responsible for my cuticles looking the way that they do can be there, too.  Every GD day--so cocky, so piece-of-cake.  Ha!

Since everyone else seems to be talking about the great American novelist, Jonathan Franzen, I'll share with you that he used to blindfold himself in his little rented office space so that he would be protected from distractions.  It's very Zorro, don't you think?  I don't really want to be blindfolded or handcuffed or tied.  I think I could still find ways to delete every other word I type.  And when it's dark, I tend to go to sleep.

Don't worry about me too much.  I am moving forward.  I do have more pages than I did last time I appeared here.  I'm just looking for that magic button.  The one you press and your whole, brilliant book comes out of the printer, page by page.  Anyone got that button?    

Comments

Popular Posts