I'm not sure how to say this, but the whole word count thing is a sham.  I'd never tried it before, so how could I have known?  But, really?  I could sit and type the word accomplishment 5,150 times and report to you that number and look like some kind of bad-ass.  Not that I have.  I've been brutally honest here (as evidenced by my excruciatingly low word count.  Who would fake that?), but the point remains.  The number is meaningless.

In this job, attendance is really the only thing that counts.  You must show up, you must come with good intentions and you must stay until you cannot stay any longer.  There.  That's your job.  Because some days, when there is absolutely no word count, there has been lots of work.  But then I have to log in and 'fess up and I feel like a loser, when I should be feeling like a winner because--hey--I showed up.  Or, some days, when I know the word count is decent, I also know that I hate them all and they're getting deleted as soon as possible.  Then, I log in and feel like a poser.  Does it seem like I'm moving the goalposts?  Yeah, it does to me, too.  But, whatever.  I'm over the word count.  That's all I'm saying.

Image found on mrlomo's flikr page.

Comments

  1. Nope, not moving the goalposts. Digging to yet another layer of what it's really all about. You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts