fierce nature

We had a really lovely weekend away, but came home to such sad news.  Our friends & neighbors who were expecting their baby in just a few weeks had a stillbirth on Saturday.  A beautiful baby boy was already gone when he was delivered to his capable, loving parents.  I know their hearts are broken and words are totally inadquate to describe or convey their grief, but because words are my security blanket, I brought them a copy of this book:

http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/_images/ISBNCovers/Covers_Enlarged/9780316027670_388X586.jpg 

















If you know it, you know it is the kind of book that reminds us of the incredible capacity we have for loss and love and sorrow and strength.  Elizabeth McCracken is an author I admire, but this book made me love her.

Comments

Popular Posts