september

artforlinux.org 
We sat on the porch and watched the first leaves fall.  It made me catch my breath.  Am I already that old woman who can't believe how quickly the seasons change?  Yes, I am. 

We retreated to the cabin and looked at photos of the children there when they were younger.  So freakin' adorable.  So cherubic and joyous and easily carried.  And yet, I know they're just that adorable now, plus they can count change and pick-out wardrobes and do laundry and wax philosophical and build their own forts and make excellent chocolate chip cookies all by themselves.  This is the time.  This is the moment that I will soon (gosh, those seasons just change in the blink of an eye) be longing for.  When the children are still my main occupation.  They live in the house and make the house purposeful.  Here we are, they seem to speak with their mismatched socks and overgrown bangs, becoming ourselves

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts