dear weekends, never stop coming

Weekends take on a whole different tone once school starts.  It's not totally unwelcome.  They become sweet, perfect little packages that end too soon, but are delivered each week.  We made pizzas, watched lots of the old Get Smart TV show, climbed trees, had brunch, rented the ball machine, made eggs with potatoes and green chile at 3 in the afternoon just because, slept late, grocery shopped, made cookies, and read Kiki Strike.  What could be better?  E started the Kiki Strike craze, but now she's reading the first aloud to me and T, and we are gobbling it up.  Why isn't this book everywhere?  Why isn't Kirsten Miller our friend?  It's basically espianoge and intrigue for the 8-38 year old set.  I love it.  I wish I'd had this book when I was a kid.  Forget about the website.  It's all perfect.  Happy Monday.

Comments

  1. I love weekends when school starts as well! We appreciate them so much more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts